Dec. 30, 2016
In today’s mini-episode, I’ll be sharing a mindset that’s crucial for you to develop, if you aspire to be a great leader, entrepreneur, and creative thinker.
THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU IF…
You find that you have a tendency to avoid big risks, or tend to be really afraid of feedback and criticism, listen very carefully.
I’m back with our minisode series called:
From Block to Breakthrough.
In each of these quick minisodes, we will be taking one common roadblock or excuse from our listeners — and then I’ll give you one actionable step you can try – to help you break through it.
This week’s block comes from a recent e-mail I got from a new student. I have this free e-course about budgeting, and in that e-course, I share some case studies from a few of my past students who became very proactive about saving and earning money so that they can pursue their passion.
I made sure to feature stories from a diverse set of students from different backgrounds and situations — so that, you know, you can see how, no matter what your life situation is like, you CAN apply the lessons in your own way.
One of my new students replied to the case study saying,
“Thank you for sharing, this is great for her, but it’s hard for me to do this because I’m not sure I’m the creative type.”
And mind you, she’s not the first one to e-mail me this. I’ve received countless stories that sound very similar. A lot of people tell me about their “personality types” or things in their life situation that they believe are holding them back.
In this episode, I’ll share with you the one mindset shift you need to make to STOP pigeonholing yourself into these “types.”
YOUR ACTION STEPS FOR THIS EPISODE:
* What was you biggest takeaway from this episode? Share it with us on social media, and use the hashtag, #thepurposefulcreative. You can also tag us on Instagram at @thepurposefulcreative, or tweet me at @arrianeserafico. (Tip: You can use the quotes from below or the images from this blog post as ready-to-use shareables!)
Be a source of inspiration for others:
Share these tweetables!
Our goal is to gather 100 iTunes reviews by January 25!
Think we can make it? I think we can, but we gotta make this a team effort! Here’s how you can help:
* If you’re on an iPhone or iPad, follow these instructions.
* Or, if you’re listening on a desktop (any desktop!)… here’s how you can help out.
Here are some of the awesome reviews we’ve received so far:
Books and videos you can check out to learn more about the growth mindset:
* The book that started it all: Mindset: The New Psychology of Success (on sale!)
* Fixed vs. Growth: The Two Basic Mindsets That Shape Our Lives on Brain Pickings (Great read!)
* Carol Dweck Revisits the ‘Growth Mindset’
* The Braver Goals E-Course: Learn how to set better goals, better productivity systems, and follow through on your ideas.
Follow us on social media: