On this episode, we discuss Nintendo Switch Online and Call of Duty Black Ops 4. Games editor Rishi Alwani and friend of the podcast Mikhail Madnani join host Pranay Parab.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (1:00)
- Is it going to be Battle.net exclusive?
- Multiplayer only?
- Battle Royale mode rumours
- Expected pricing
- How Treyarch plans to optimise the game
- Should you worry about Battle.net?
- PC gaming platform fragmentation
- The world beyond Steam
- Which PC gaming clients you need
- Steam’s curation issues
Nintendo Switch Online (14:00)
- What you get with this service
- Cloud saves
- Xbox Live
- PS4 save backups
- Steam cloud saves
- The NES games
- Is the Nintendo Switch really region-free?
- The Nintendo Switch Online app
- How can people in India use the app
- The annoyances of trying to play with friends
- Voice chat still a pain
- The pricing of the service
- Why Nintendo doesn’t allow local saves
- The Virtual Console is dead
Games we’ve been playing this week (25:10)
Music: Popular Potpourri and Path Complete from PPPPPP by Magnus “Souleye” Pålsson.