Kongit is a licensed Marriage, Family, and Sex Therapist and The Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles. She specializes in helping women and couples get the healthy lives, lasting love and satisfying sex that they deserve.
In this episode Kongit talks about -
- What Sex therapy is about and why is it important
- What stands in the way of a healthy intimate life for most women
- What stands in the way of a healthy intimate life for most couples
- What someof the things that women and couples can do get a more satisfying intimate life
- How sex therapy can really help
Kongit is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA – 97773) and her therapeutic approach is eclectic, but firmly rooted in CBT, Narrative and Solution-Focused methodologies. She is an EMDR therapist and is completing advanced course work in Sex Therapy at The Buehler Institute of Orange County. Kongit is the Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Kongit earned her B.S. in Communication at the University of Southern California and her M.A. in Clinical Psychology at Pepperdine University. She’s been in private practice for 6 years and has worked as a coach and therapist for 9 years.
- Before establishing a career in mental health, Kongit worked in the First Lady’s Office of Communication in the White House, the Marketing Department at DreamWorks Films, as a Street DJ at KPWR Power 106 FM in Los Angeles, and won numerous Film, Television, and Commercial roles as an actress.
- She’s given her skills and unique clinical perspective to organizations including Pacific Clinics, Telecare Corporation, Chrysalis Social Service Agency, The Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, California State University, Long Beach, Morehouse University, and Howard University.
- As a leader in her field, Kongit was elected as the Membership Chair of the California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists in Los Angeles for a 2 year term. She has also consulted at all levels of government ranging from Presidential to local elected officials, and served as Commissioner to the Department of Public Social Services for the County of Los Angeles. She is a paneled mental health provider with Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna and Magellan in the state of California.
- As a published author and playwright, Kongit’s first book “She’s Worth the Chase” lead to appearances on Lifetime’s Morning Show “The Balancing Act”, The Huffington Post, The Associated Press, Ebony Magazine, and CBS Los Angeles. Kongit has also been featured in The Los Angeles Times, The Los Angeles Sentinel, University of Southern California’s magazine “The Daily Trojan” and Pepperdine University’s Magazine “Colleague”.
- She devotes her professional time to helping good people build great lives, and creating products they adore.
CONTACT DETAILS / LINKS
Instagram - @KongitFarrell
Twitter - @KongitFarrell
If you have enjoyed this show then please leave a review.
How to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
Itunes link - http://apple.co/2xj5yud
- Launch Apple's Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
Connect with Wendy Here......
Facebook - CLICK HERE
LinkedIn - CLICK HERE
Twitter Account - CLICK HERE
Website – www.yourrelationshipspecialist.co.uk
Book –‘From Surviving to Thriving in a Romantic Relationship’- Link to Amazon
Email – [email protected]
Email me if you would like to receive my newsletter. which contains my latest news, articles and special offers.