Being afraid of childbirth – as natural and beautiful as it is – isn’t unusual for many first-time mothers.
In this episode of Living 4D with Paul Chek, Holistic Lifestyle Coach Kim Nelli talks about how she conquered her fears around childbirth. It all began with a midwifery class and turned in to an amazing journey of working with wild dolphins and becoming an expert on natural childbirth.
After listening to the conversation, if you want to learn more about Kim’s work, visit her website — pregnancychildbirthourfuture.com — and save 15 percent off her Primal Birth Childbirth Preparation course by using the code PaulChek.
Podcast listeners can receive a 10 percent discount on her Conscious Pregnancy retreats by using the code Living4D. You can also save $30 on Kim’s Fit For Birth Prenatal Wellness Course by using the code CHEK at checkout.
- Kim enrolled in midwifery school because she was afraid of childbirth. (6:01)
- “We can’t prepare for childbirth in our heads. It’s just impossible…” (24:25)
- Is a conventional birthing process in a hospital setting really creating a healthier, happier world? (30:12)
- Mothering is a highly intuitive process. (42:38)
- What is HypnoBirthing? (47:01)
- Ninety percent of the information about childbirth is very misleading, preparing women for “a technological birth.” (51:33)
- Are medical tests or supplements really necessary during a pregnancy? (1:13:06)
- Functional movement vs. exercise during a pregnancy. (1:22:54)
- After experiencing natural childbirth, Kim learned to love her body even more. (1:27:56)
- Using the sweat lodge to help men understand the birthing process. (1:33:17)
- Parents must work on their relationship to raise a healthy child. (1:37:20)
- The best things people — especially partners — can do to support a woman’s pregnancy. (1:53:33)
- Creating sexual intimacy in pregnancy. (2:03:27)
- How a Mom can connect with her baby in the womb. (2:16:50)
- Mana knew Paul’s voice when he was born. (2:22:49)
- When a woman’s pregnant, even natural soaps or products can be a problem for her at the time. (2:33:39)
- When is it best for a woman to have her baby in a hospital vs. at home? (2:35:19)
- Choose your “birthing team” wisely. (2:42:20)
- Having a prenatal connection with dolphins. (2:44:09)
- Considering VBAC? (2:53:51)
- The sacred first hour of bonding after a baby’s birth. (2:58:56)
- Women with breast implants may be able to breastfeed their babies. (3:04:49)
- The new relationship forged with a Mom, Dad and their baby. (3:14:40)
- Protect your child from EMFs by downloading videos and cartoons then turning the device on airplane mode. (3:24:17)
- How do parents create safe home environments that support optimal infant development? (3:31:00)
For more resources from this episode, visit the show notes page on our website