In the first episode for 2019, the TWiV team reviews the amazing virology stories of the past year.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Please take the TWiV listener survey
- ASV 2019 Satellite Symposia
- Crowdfunding for EV-D68 research
- TWiV World Tour 2018 t-shirt (Amazon)
- Cool virology from 2018
- Viruses behind AD? TWiV 505, TWiV 519, clinical trial one and two
- Wolbachia-mosquito release halts dengue (TWiV 506); World Mosquito Program
- Evolutionary history of RNA viruses: TWiV 491 and TWiV 526
- Horsepox as ancestral smallpox vaccine, including synthesis: TWiV 478
- Ebola continues: TWiV 494, TWiV 495, TWiV 505, TWiV 507, TWiV 515, TWiV 482
- Clues to many mysteries: TWiV 481, TWiV 484, TWiV 493, TWiV 515, TWiV 522
- Pro-vaccination: TWiV 500, TWiV 496, TWiV Special; measles in Ukraineand Europe
- Outbreak influence: TWiV 501, TWiV 527, TWiV 520, TWiV 507, TWiV 504
- Insect viruses and immunity: TWiV 525, TWiV 524, TWiV 522, TWiV 495, TWiV 485, TWiV 482, TWiV 479
- Big RNA virus genomes (TWiV 509) and Giant viruses: TWiV 490, TWiV 506, TWiV 521, TWiV 484
- Letters read on TWiV 528
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Alan - Pandemic Trail game
Rich- On a Bat’s Wing and a Prayer
Dickson- Decoding Watson
Kathy- Phenotypic variation in outbred and inbred mice
Vincent - Trump County Confronts the Administration Amid Rash of Child Cancers
Anne- Peter Hotez interview
Islam- Letter from Crick to Watson (pdf)
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to [email protected]