Feb. 18, 2008
In this episode I review a fabulous product that I’ve been testing all week. I can’t wait to introduce it to you.
1) This is my new friend, FRED That’s what it’s called…F.R.E.D., which is a name chosen through a contest of scrapbookers and it’s an acronym for “For Really Easy Designing.”
It’s a table top. It’s like a drafting table but cooler because it sits on top of your flat table or desk, which means you can still have lots of other things like tools and papers, lying flat on your table while your scrapbook layout is at an angle in front of you. So if you’ve ever gotten a stiff neck from looking down at your layout, I recommend you pay attention to this.
2) Show benefits:
a. The portability of the F.R.E.D., how the stand opens and closes, how you can take it to a crop and have more table space.
b. It is magnetic so you can hold your pieces up with magnets before you start adhering.
c. You can take the entire metal mat off the stand (show the bent up corner for lifting) and lay it down on your desk if you prefer adhering or doing certain other things on a flat table.
d. And you can get extra mats, which means you can safely store an in-progress layout while starting a new one on Fred.
3) Talk about the high quality of the product: wood, not plastic. Neutral color to match any scraproom, but more importantly, product testers chose this color so it won’t contrast colors you’re using on your layouts.
4) Demonstrate F.R.E.D. by “pinning” up the different parts of a layout. Show how it even holds heavy embellishments like chipboard and buttons. You can also put some of the items you hope to add to the layout on the side or at the top in the extra space.
5) I know a bunch of you are thinking this looks really fabulous, but it won’t work for you because you do 2-page layouts. Well guess what? You can join multiple F.R.E.D.’s together for a two-page layout. (Demonstrate putting the two tables together and attach a layout to it).
6) The basic package is one mat, and one bag of 8 magnets, it’s $44.99. For two tables, two mats, and two bags of magnets it’s $84.99.
Close: I’ve been using my F.R.E.D. for a week and I love it. They gave it to me for free, but if they hadn’t, I’d buy it. To get more information, go to www.myscrappingbuddy.com