Howdy Quadzillas! This week’s guest is prolific Matt Foreman who you may know from:
- His Writings on Catalyst Athletics
- His Books “Bones of Iron” and "Olympic Weightlifting for Masters”
- His American Open Titles
- His Collegiate Record
- The 2004 Olympic Trials
- His state records in both Washington and Arizona
- The Scottish Highland Games
- His Football and Track Coaching
- His Coverage of Kong Fest
- and his full and magnificent beard.
Matt dropped by the echo-chamber and we talked about the shift in attitudes about both weightlifting and CrossFit, as well as how the two modalities have transitioned from feuding sub-cultures to allies in fitness with CrossFit increasing the install-base and Weightlifting increasing the proficiency.
We also talk about:
- Some of the greatest sins committed in the gym.
- Switching Modalities
- Getting stronger in the face of age, injury and surgery
- The shame of a 700lb squat
- Giving props to LA Fitness
- and Whores
Learn more about Matt Foreman:
You Can get his books at the links below:
“Bones of Iron”
"Olympic Weightlifting for Masters”
Image Sourced From: http://catalystathletics.com