The Mavericks have quietly embraced an on-the-fly youth movement and are in a position where expectations are relatively low. That's a new world for Mavs fans, and they're embracing it. SBNation.com's Tim Cato and Mavs Moneyball's Kirk Henderson join Mike to discuss the following topics:
- The Mavs have an actual future now! Maybe not like a future title winner, but a fun youngish core nonetheless.
- Are we getting too far ahead of ourselves with Dennis Smith Jr., or should we shut up and just enjoy him? (The latter).
- What's going on with Nerlens Noel? Why hasn't he re-signed yet? Are fans worried?
- How good is Harrison Barnes, exactly?
- Has management done enough to regain the trust of the fanbase after Plan Powder kinda fell flat year after year?
- Oh yeah, let's talk about Dirk. Suppose you put Dirk at his absolute best (whenever that is) on this Mavs team. How high would they be in the West?
- What will Dirk's next job title be once he retires?
- If Mavs fans had a chance to do it all over, would they have preferred keeping the 2011 championship team together or breaking it up like they did?
- Which three Mavs would you want on your banana boat? (Dirk and Steve Nash should be shoo-ins, but who else joins them?)
Plus, predictions, best/worst case, making fun of Tim being super young, and way more.
This is the eighth of Limited Upside's 30 team previews leading up to next season. We're bringing together representatives from all 30 SB Nation team sites and other team-specific experts from the SB Nation/Limited Upside community to gauge the temperature of the fanbase heading into the season.
NEXT UP: Timberwolves