The Pacers no longer have Paul George, and other than Myles Turner, they don't really have much exciting young talent, either. You can see how this setup isn't exactly inspiring their fans.
Our Indiana dynamic duo of SBNation.com assistant NBA editor Whitney Medworth and Indy Cornrows lead writer Caitlin Cooper joins to run through a depressing season preview. Topics include:
- One last look back at the Paul George trade.
- Darren Collison? Victor Oladipo? Cory Joseph? Lance? What is with these offseason moves to stay mediocre?
- Is Myles Turner ready to be the face of the franchise? Have the Pacers put him in a position to actually succeed?
- What is a good season for Turner? What can Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis do to make fans feel better about the return package for George?
- Why not just pull the plug and commit fully to a rebuild? Why is Indiana a "never rebuild" market? Does Indiana's past success building through the middle give the front office a false sense of their own abilities?
- Is Nate McMillan the right coach to shepherd this reconstruction?
- Happier thoughts! Which of the following Pacers teams is the best: 13-14, 03-04, 97-98, or 94-95?
- Which player from recent Pacers history not named Miller, O'Neal, or George would be best to add to this Pacers team?
- The all-important banana boat question.
- Sad predictions.
Plus, some important chili and peanut butter talk. Very important.
This is the 16th of Limited Upside's 30 team previews leading up to next season. We're bringing together representatives from all 30 SB Nation team sites and other team-specific experts from the SB Nation/Limited Upside community to gauge the temperature of the fanbase heading into the season.
NEXT UP: Blazers