1. Unfortunately, 9/11 was my middle daughter’s entre into “talk” radio.
2. She hates “talk” radio now, but I am happy to report, “Mom! NPR is not talk radio.”
3. Clearly I’m a superior parent.
4. I want to be Miz Paula Poundstone when I grow up (it was Betty White. The kid’s quote was the tipping point.
5. I have a frog named Carl Castle. The kid reminded me I also have on named Michael Feldman, but who here cares.
6. I LOVE Bill Castle, his openings make me yearn for Depends; but Mr. Castle holds a special place in my heart.
7. I had a crush on Mo Rocca until he was on television (be nice. I also have a crush on Peter Whatshisface. I have a policy not to google him.