Update: 4/23/15 - Decided to trial one week to see if improvements have been made in last 2 months.
Advertisements are a necessity to fund their operation. Give them that, but not:
1) Having to wait for enough download to begin watching.
2) Not having the ability to preload video so it can be watched without internet connection.
3) Many missed episodes, especially on weekends.
4) Stalls (to load up) between “chapters”.
5) No ability to fast forward, rewind 30 sec, nor on screen volume control, time remaining to end (user does math [total time minus elapsed time]).
Still a big NO for NBC app. A big step backward without incorporating customer issues.
Initial review 2/14/15:
OK, this was good, nay great! But now that they have discontinued this podcast in favor of their app, I now will no longer watch NBC Nightly News because:
1 - As of 2/14/15 their podcast doesn’t allow me to D/L for use in areas without i-net.
2 - Their app makes them special(ly annoying) in that they leave iTunes requiring special action to run their app. Consolidation had it’s value, respecting my time and making it simple, one update button to update all iTunes podcasts.
GOOD BYE NBC NIGHTLY NEWS!